Properly cooked pancakes are delicious, and if they are stuffed, it will be just a jumble! Moreover, there are a lot of options for the filling, starting from sweet cottage cheese and ending with various types of meat and fish. So that the contents do not pour out and spill out, you need to properly wrap the pancake. How to wrap stuffed pancakes in different ways? The tips will help you to nicely and accurately serve this appetizer on the table.
Pancakes rolled up with a tube, a triangle and horns
These are the simplest options that are more suitable for liquid fillings, such as condensed milk, honey, jam or sour cream. You can still wrap fruits, berries and even caviar in a tube or triangle. The main thing is not to overdo it with the filling so that it does not leak.
- To make a tube, a pancake is smeared with a thin layer of filling and twisted. For convenience and beauty, the tubes are cut into two parts.
- It’s easy to get a triangle: the pancake folds in half twice. You can fold it a third time, then you get a small triangle, which can be dipped in sauce.
- With a similar filling make pancakes in the form of horns. To do this, the pancake must be folded in half, as for a triangle and curl it.
In these ways, empty pancakes are also wrapped, and the gravy is set separately. Serve stuffed tubes on the table can be laid out with a pyramid and water on top with something (you can melt chocolate or plain butter). It will be good to sprinkle a pancake slide with powdered sugar or cinnamon. So you get an unusual pancake cake (read one of the recipes of such a sweetness below).
The original supply option is to make snail tubes. To do this, they just need to twist in a spiral. Put such spirals on a dish in a circle and decorate with something (for example, fruit).
Pancake roll cherry cake
For such a cake, you will need to cook 20 pancakes (then you will get a pyramid in 5 rows). The more rows you want, the more pancakes you will need, but this option is the most optimal. Choose the test recipe to your taste.
For the filling we use cherries (canned or fresh). It will take about 1 liter can of berries.
For gravy, you just need to mix a bag of sour cream with sugar.
- We spread the filling on the pancake, we turn it into a tube.
- Fold the tubes in the shape of a pyramid, lubricating each row with sour cream gravy.
- Sprinkle grated chocolate on top of the cake.
How to wrap hard-filled pancakes
Pancakes stuffed with minced meat, mushrooms, fish, various salads and cottage cheese can be wrapped in an envelope.
- Stuffing stuffing with the edge of the pancake, cover it with this edge.
- Then turn the left and right edges too.
- Screw the whole pancake into a rectangle. Then it can additionally be fried in a pan.
There is an option like. It is called a “closed tube”: you need to lay out the filling and cover it left and right, and then wrap it in a roll.
For a solid filling, a pancake square is suitable. In this case, simply cover the contents on four sides. The result is a square shape.
A reliable way to roll the pancake so that the filling does not fall out - a double triangle.
For this form you need:
- Put the filling in the center. Turn the edges a little to make a triangle out of a round pancake.
- Bend the top of the triangle in the opposite direction.
- Bend the remaining two edges. It should be a small triangle, which then can still be fried.
Decorate pancakes with savory filling with greens, slices of vegetables. You can also pour them with some sort of sauce.
There are many recipes for every taste: with chicken, pork, beef, veal. You can skip the meat through a meat grinder or cut it as you like.
For those who like chicken, you can try the filling with fillet, garlic, onion and cheese.
For her you will need:
- chicken fillet - 0.5 kg;
- cheese - 100 g;
- a couple of cloves of garlic;
- mayonnaise or sour cream for dressing.
- Fillet should be boiled in salted water for about half an hour, then finely chopped or mince.
- Fry finely chopped onions until golden brown.
- Grate cheese, pass garlic through a press.
- Mix meat, onion, cheese and garlic with mayonnaise.
Pancakes for such a filling should be non-greasy.
Stuffed with spring onion and egg
This is a simple recipe that everyone knows. This filling is also used for pies.
How to cook:
- Boiled eggs and onions must be cut and mixed with the addition of mayonnaise.
- Salt and pepper.
Broccoli and mozzarella filling
Unusual filling option.
How to cook:
- You need to mix about 100 g of crushed cheese with 200 g of broccoli.
- Put everything on a pancake, wrap it in an envelope and fry on both sides.
- Serve hot.
How to wrap pancakes in a bag
A rather original way is to wrap pancakes with a barrel. They look beautiful on the festive table, but you can use this recipe in everyday life.
The recipe is simple: put the filling in the middle of the pancake and make a bag that can be tied with a sprig of green onion or suluguni cheese (pigtail). A toothpick is also suitable for this purpose.
To tie green onions, you need to pour boiling water over it.
There are also many types of fillings for such bags: mushrooms with cheese, chicken with garlic, minced meat with tomatoes, liver and others. You can also use sweet fillings (for example, fruits and berries with chocolate, caramel or condensed milk). For a festive table, pancakes stuffed with a variety of salads are suitable, for example: olivier, salad with pineapple and corn, with crab sticks, salmon and so on.
A recipe for Santa Claus sacks to the New Year's table
This is a very unusual appetizer that will appeal not only to children but also to adults. For such bags, we need special red pancakes.
They need the following products:
- Eggs - 2 pcs.;
- 1 cup flour;
- Lemon juice - 1 tbsp;
- Beetroot juice - 100 ml;
- 1 large spoonful of starch;
- Milk - 300 ml;
- Vegetable oil - 2 tbsp .;
- Sugar and salt to taste.
- To get beetroot juice, you need to grate fresh beets, and then squeeze the juice out of it.
- Beat eggs, add lemon and beet juice, sugar and salt to them. Beat again.
- Pour flour and starch to the eggs.
- Pour in milk a little and stir the dough. Add olia at the end. The dough should be like liquid sour cream.
From this test, thin, red pancakes are obtained, the main thing is that they do not brown and the color does not deteriorate. You can put any stuffing in Santa Claus bags.
Pancakes folded in pyramids and roses
How to cook:
- To make a beautiful pyramid from a pancake with filling, you need to fry the pancake on one side only and put the minced meat in the middle.
- Then fold the opposite edges into a third of the pancake, pinch them, and at the end, raise the remaining edge and pinch it as well.
- Put these pyramids in the oven and bake for 10 minutes over medium heat.
To make the pyramids, pancakes need to be fried in a dry pan, without oil.
Pancake roses are an easy-to-cook and beautiful-looking appetizer that will decorate any table.
- The rosette is rolled up from a strip cut out of a pancake.
- Inside you can wrap a slice of ham, salmon or cheese.
- And decorate everything with greens and eggs.
Roses can be sweet: with jam or fruit.
Methods for wrapping pancakes (video)
After reading this article, you will probably want to prepare one of these snacks for the next holiday. Not surprising, because it is easy, tasty and beautiful. Use your imagination, experiment and you will certainly succeed in surprising guests!