To date, beets are widely used not only in cooking, but also in various recipes of traditional medicine. In particular, significant medicinal qualities are inherent in beet kvass, which even representatives of official medicine often call the "elixir of youth."
The benefits and harms of beet kvass
This root crop has an extensive chemical composition. It is rich in a huge amount of useful components, required for the normal functioning of the human body:
- vitamins A, C, E, PP, group B;
- macro- and microelements: calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, manganese, copper, sodium, chlorine, zinc, iodine, iron, rubidium, cesium, cobalt;
- sucrose, fructose, glucose;
- proteins, fats, pectins, betaine, pigments, amino acids.
Kvass, prepared on the basis of beets, also contains all of these useful substances and, thanks to this has a wide range of therapeutic effects:
- Helps in cleansing the liver, gall bladder, kidneys and lymphatic system;
- Contributes to the stabilization of metabolic processes;
- Normalizes sleep, the work of the central nervous system, stomach and intestines;
- It inhibits the development of cancer and other neoplasms;
- Reduces pain;
- Accelerates the removal of toxins, toxins and other harmful substances;
- Helps reduce cholesterol and overall body strengthening.
The drink is also used for pressure, in the treatment of vascular obstruction, atherosclerosis, anemia, sore throat, runny nose, constipation, flatulence and obesity. In addition, it helps to preserve youth, as its regular use significantly refreshes the skin and slows down their premature aging.
Of course, like other medicinal products, beet kvass can not only benefit, but also cause some harm to the body if used improperly or if there are contraindications for health reasons.
How to cook beet kvass
Beet kvass: a home-made recipe
Beet kvass has been used as a therapeutic and prophylactic agent for centuries. During this time, many recipes for its preparation have developed:
- In order to cook the most traditional beet kvass, you need to fill a half glass jar with a volume of three liters of chopped raw beets. Then it should be filled with fully boiled water and sent to a cool room. After the fermentation of kvass is over, it can be used for treatment. When preparing a drink, it is recommended to add a little grated carrots to the beets. When the kvass is ready and filtered, vegetables can be used for cooking soups or gravy;
- Those who like sweeter drinks can use the following recipe. In a glass container of three liters, put one large finely chopped or grated red beets, four tablespoons of sugar, a slice of dried rye bread and pour two liters of boiled water. Three days after the start of fermentation, the drink needs to be filtered and can be used for medicinal purposes. To improve taste and accelerate fermentation, you can add a handful of raisins and half a lemon to kvass;
- You can make beet kvass using sourdough. Half a kilogram of freshly chopped beets should be placed in a glass jar or an enameled container, add three tablespoons of sugar or honey. For half an hour, mix the mixture several times to separate beetroot juice. In a separate small cup you need to make a mixture of one teaspoon of sugar, half a teaspoon of dry yeast and a small amount of warm water. Let the leaven stand for about twenty minutes, pour it into a bowl with beets and put a piece of rye bread in the same place. Mix everything well and pour three liters of warm boiled water. The jar or pan should be covered and sent to a warm place for about five hours. If everything is saddled correctly, during this time the drink should ferment, after which it must be sent to a cool place for three days. Kvass needs to be mixed annually. At the end of fermentation, the drink should be filtered, poured into glass containers and kept in the refrigerator for one day. After that, beet kvass will be ready for use. The remainder of the cake can be squeezed out, put in a glass jar and stored in the refrigerator, using as a sourdough to prepare a new portion of the drink. Beet kvass, prepared on the basis of yeast, helps strengthen the nail plates and hair.
Drinks prepared on the basis of these recipes can not only be taken for medicinal purposes or for the prevention of diseases, but also used as a basis for making okroshka or any other refreshing cold soups. Also with it are very tasty beetroots and borscht. To diversify the taste of the drink, you can add to it freshly squeezed cranberry, currant, rowan, sea buckthorn or other juices from fruits and vegetables.
The benefits of beet kvass
How to take beet kvass for medicinal purposes
To quench your thirst, you can drink beet kvass whenever you want, but not more than one liter per day. If you consume more, problems with the digestive system may begin: diarrhea, sharp pains and more. An allergic reaction may also occur.
If the body is being treated, it is recommended to drink a quarter cup of the drink at least two hours before each meal. It will be useful in losing weight. In this case, along with the diet, you can eat one glass of kvass from beets one hour before a meal. To improve the body, it is recommended to arrange a weekly fasting day, alternating the intake of a medicinal drink with the consumption of low-fat cottage cheese and green apples.
To lower the pressure, you need to drink half a glass of slightly warmed beet juice one hour before meals four times a day. The pressure can normalize for a long time, if you conduct a course of treatment for at least two months.
When drinking is contraindicated
The use of this drink has a certain number of contraindications, it can not be taken with:
- kidney stones and bladder;
- gastritis, peptic ulcer and any inflammatory processes of the gastrointestinal tract;
- high acidity of gastric juice;
- diabetes mellitus;
Also, you can not use kvass from beets with individual intolerance to this root crop or other components that are part of it. It is undesirable to drink a drink for women during pregnancy and lactation.
Beet kvass: a healthy product
If there are no contraindications to the use of kvass from beets or, as it is also called "beet", you can include it in your diet as an additional source of useful elements. Its regular use often brings a healing effect, healing the body, improving overall well-being and improving mood. But, before you start using beet kvass, you need to consult a specialist.