Properly made with your own hands and installed in accordance with the technology of growing a berry culture, a raspberry trellis has a positive effect on the growth and development of the bush and allows you to get a high yield with minimal effort and effort.
The use of intensive crop cultivation technologies in household plots and garden plots having a limited useful area for growing a berry crop is becoming more and more popular.
The result of such work in relation to raspberries is good plant health and an excellent harvest:
- A popular and fairly common agrotechnical technique in the form of raspberry trellis placement allows you to protect the lower tier of plant branches from unwanted contact with the soil;
- berry planting is well-blown, which significantly reduces the risk of developing fungal infections;
- berries receive the most uniform illumination, therefore, the ripening of the crop is more friendly.
In addition, the trellis makes it easier to trim raspberries, and also makes it more convenient to carry out irrigation activities and mulch the soil in berry stands. With the trellis method of cultivation, it is also not difficult to carry out the harvest and prepare the berry culture for winter.
In the conditions of home gardening, several options for trellis are widespread, which can be quickly and easily made independently, with minimal time, effort and money on the material.
|Title||Feature and Features||Main varieties||Advantages and disadvantages|
|Two-lane tapestry design||An advanced form for growing tall varieties of berry culture. It is two parallel rows of wire that are stretched with a distance of 0.5-3.0 m||T-shaped, V-shaped, Y-shaped and tented horizontal||It is able to maintain fruiting plants and facilitates the correct formation of raspberry, eliminates planting thickening and positively affects the overall yield|
|Tapestry single-lane design||The plant is held by supports with taut twine. The best option for a small number of bushes||According to the method of tying the plants, the trellis can be fan, vertical, flat, free, inclined and horizontal type||The main disadvantages include the need to fix each plant separately|
The most common two-way options apply toWhich perfectly combine ease of execution, durability and a high level of practicality.
T-shaped base structures can be represented by pipes, bars or fittings, fixed in a perpendicular position. In this case, the wire must be pulled from the edges of the protruding parts. They form a plant by placing shoots on different sides of a trellis structure, without affecting the central part, which will be necessary for young shoots.
For V-shaped designand characterized by the presence of a pair of bearing inclined planes located with a distance of not more than two meters.
Raspberry trellis: installation
The most convenient and modern option is the Y-type trellis, possessing movable blades fixed by means of hinges, which allows, if necessary, changing the indicators of the angle of inclination of the structure.
If mechanized harvesting in raspberries is carried out, then one should prefer a horizontal tent trellis, the main disadvantage of which is the difficulty of mulching and processing of berry plantations. Plants can be fixed to the trellis not only with wire, but also with reinforced twine, as well as any other material convenient for use.
Rules for planting raspberries
The trellis method of growing raspberries involves planting berry plants in rows in compliance with the most accurate distance between seedlings. The technology is not complicated, but requires strict adherence to certain recommendations and agricultural requirements:
- trellis berry culture should be carried out on the most sunlit and protected from gusty wind areas;
- in the area reserved for raspberry cultivation, early application of organic fertilizers should be carried out at the rate of 40 buckets for every 10 square meters of berry plantations;
- the soil should be deeply digged, and then break up clods of earth, level the surface with a rake and form ridges 0.6 m wide with aisles of 0.8-1 m;
- for tall varieties of raspberries, it is desirable to maintain a distance between rows at the level of 1.0-1.2 m, which will seamlessly provide the berry culture with the entire amount necessary for full development and stable fruiting care;
- plant raspberry seedlings is best in the spring, around the first decade of April;
- standard landing pits for raspberry seedlings are required to be made in the middle of the ridges, in one lane, with a distance of 0.6-0.8 m;
- 500 g of ordinary wood ash mixed with the same amount of fertile soil gives a very good result in the planting pits.
After planting raspberries, it is necessary to slightly compact the soil and water the plants at the rate of a bucket of water for each bush.
After planting, berry plants need proper care according to the technology of growing raspberries in personal plots and garden plots:
- it is desirable to enclose the ridges around the perimeter with a croaker, slate or other improvised materials;
- the standard height of the fence for ridges should be approximately 20-25 cm, which will allow for quality mulching of the soil with rotted organics;
- the mulching layer in the berry stands should be subjected to annual and timely updating;
- after mulching, it is necessary to install a trellis structure and fix the plants, evenly distributing the shoots;
- to increase the yield, it is advisable to shorten the apical part of the shoots by about 20-25 cm;
- the soil on the ridges is required to be kept moist, using a drip irrigation system or conducting systematic irrigation;
- before the stage of active flowering, plants should be fed with mineral complexes, and after a couple of weeks it is necessary to add wood ash;
- it is very important to timely remove weed vegetation and all excess shoots, which contributes to the thickening of berry plantings.
How to make a vertical trellis for raspberries
The trellis growing method allows to reduce the number of treatments of the berry against fungal infection. Nevertheless, timely and correct preventive measures with the use of folk remedies or modern insectofungicides should not be neglected. In this case, the chances of a healthy and plentiful harvest are even higher.